Monday, June 18, 2012

Stuck at Home Photography

What does the photographer do when stuck at home? I injured my ankle and have to stay around the house while I wait for an orthopedic appointment. So this is a good time to play with cameras in ways that I usually don't. I have, for example, a Samsung NX210. This is a compact mirror-less camera with a large sensor and interchangeable lenses. It also has a feature that I never have used until now, called Magic Camera. This creates gimmicky pictures based on present templates. It also has a set of digital filters that create various effects. So being bored with my housebound condition I found a beautiful fresh tulip blossom in one of my flower pots on the deck, and tried out these playful camera features. Here are some results.






Here is another using the digital Fisheye filter on the same flower:



Do you have questions? Contact me at dansphotophile@hotmail.com or visit my web site at www.danwrayphoto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment