Sunday, July 15, 2012

Seeking Fresh Inspiration

Sometimes we go long periods without picking up the camera. We don't feel inspired. We experience a dry spell. I am speaking to those who use their camera for more than just record keeping, and family memories. There are various ways to rekindle interest in photography, but I am going to suggest just one. Start a photo project. A photography project can be anything that interests you. It can be about the special people in your life, or some organization you belong to, or an issue that matters to you. It can be about living things or non-living things. One summer some years ago I needed a project so I decided to photograph the entire life cycle of the Monarch Butterfly. It took me two or three months to complete the project but it was most satisfying, and a great learning experience. Here is an example of some of the photos in that project.

Do you have questions, or a photographic topic you would like to hear about? Contact me at: dansphotophile@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment